Why you should be making your own Guacamole
Guacamole is hugely popular these days, with the variations of Mexican food slowly but surely showing up here. You can pick up shop bought Guacamole from almost any food shop these days but are they any good for you? Should we be making this unbelievably easy dip ourselves? Read on to find out more.
Avocado has been demonised for too long
If you follow a weight loss diet plan you might be shuddering at the mere thought of consuming an avocado, because many weight loss programmes are wrongly advising us to cut out fat, all fat, any fat. Avocado is filled with heart healthy, brain fuel fats that we definitely do not want to be cutting out of our diets!
Scientific research has backed up this and aid our bodies in so many different ways. Here are some reasons that you might want to give the avocado another try:
- Incredibly nutrious including vitamans K, C, B5, B6 and E, as well as Folate and potassium.
- They also contain magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, Vitamin A, THiamin, Riboflavin and Niacin
- Contain more potassium than banana’s
- Filled with heart healthy mono-unsaturated fats
- Jam packed with fibre
- Can help to lower cholesterol levels
- Low carb
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Limited evidence suggests they may be beneficical in preventing cancer
- May relieve the symptoms of Arthritis
- Some evidence suggests they may help you lose weight
Wow, that’s some pretty big accolades right there. Can you see why you absolutely need to be incorporating avocado into your diet? This quick and easy homemade guacamole recipe uses just avocado and lemon juice and is completely delicious. Also you can whip it up in just a few minutes. No more shop bought guacamole jam packed with things you definitely don’t want or need in your diet.
Super Quick Guacamole
½ a lemon (or lime)
- Juice the lemon
- Remove the skin and stone from the avocado.
- Blitz together in a food processor until smooth.
This recipe is the perfect addition to shop bought guacamole which is rammed with preservatives. Healthy, natural and oh so good for your body.