So, slow cooker banana bread…is it really a thing?
Apparently it is, and I have had the first slice of what is a truly tasty banana bread, fresh and warm from the slow cooker. So you might be thinking that you are seeing far more blog posts than you usually do from me and that is because I had an overwhelming number of people ask me to share my slow cooker banana bread recipe that I made yesterday that I thought getting it up onto the blog sooner rather than later would be a good idea! Now I am going to give you the basic recipe here. I actually doubled mine because I have a 4.7l crockpot and I wanted to make a big cake (because I love banana bread) and you can decide what would work best for your slow cooker.
3 Banana’s (over ripe)
2 Cups of Flour
½ cup of butter (grass fed)
1 tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of granulated sugar
- Firstly, in a bowl combine your sugar, butter and eggs and mix well until all is thoroughly mixed together and smooth.
- Add 1 cup of flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Add in the last cup of flour.
- Mash your over ripe banana’s in a separate bowl and add to the mixture.
- Next add in your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Grease your slow cooker dish and pour your mixture in.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- Be sure to check that it is cooked all the way through before removing from the crock pot.
This tasted absolutely amazing and in my opinion even better than the oven version. I doubled the ingredients for my large crockpot and it worked a treat. If you have a large crock pot (mine is 4.7l then I thoroughly recommend doubling everything and making a large banana bread).