Parmesan Crusted Chicken
A different take on Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Do you ever feel like you have one dish, and not only do you know how to make it but you make it really well? That is how I feel about this crusted chicken dish, and while over the years I have omitted some of the ingredients and have changed the way I cook this, I think this recipe is not only delicious but is also now the best it can be.
Today I’m going to tell you how you can make this recipe in a number of different ways, from the standard way I make it with chicken, with the option of making it with Quorn fillets to add a vegetarian Twist, maybe you need a gluten-free option or maybe you need to follow a dairy free diet. Whichever way works for you you will find the recipe on this post or find a link to another post.
The great thing about this recipe is how easy is to make, how tasty it is and because of this it is an easy recipe to cook when entertaining. When we have guests I am always stuck in the kitchen panicking about timings, whether everything will be ready at the right time and particularly worry about how it is going to taste, and I’m sure I am not alone in that. I have made this dish time and time again over the years and I always come back to it because it is just that good.
If you are here and you’re a vegetarian then I suggest you check out this post where I am going to tell you all about how to make a vegetarian friendly version of this dish. If you are a meat eater then read on to find out what ingredients you need and how you can make this fantastic dish today.
- 1 chicken breast.
- 2 – 3 crackers (use gluten-free crackers* if needed).
- Grated cheese (I use a lactose free cheese but you can use whichever cheese suits you, this recipe traditionally called for parmesan but over the years I have used crumbly cheese cheese such as Wensleydale, as well as a traditional Cheddar – all these cheeses seemingly work perfect with this recipe).
- Lemon juice.
- Egg, beaten.
- Whisk egg and pour onto a plate.
- On the second plate add some lemon juice.
- Add your crackers into a ziplock bag and using a wooden spoon crush the crackers until breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese to the breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Take your chicken breast and roll it in the lemon juice.
- Do the same with the egg.
- Place your chicken breast on the baking tray.
- Cover the chicken breast with the breadcrumb and cheese mix.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes on 200 degrees C.
- Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli dipping sauce.
The years I have tried a number of different ways to cook this recipe and I have found baking it in the oven is the most effective. I love to serve this with sour cream and sweet chilli dipping sauce as well as buttered new potatoes and a fresh salad. This also goes perfect with Mediterranean vegetables or any other dish that you would enjoy with chicken.